Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Triple Peppers
- Yield 4 servings
Blanching cauliflower for a moment in boiling water helps the curry spices permeate this cruciferous vegetable. Then, the high heat of the oven caramelizes its natural sugar, producing a very strong and delicious flavor.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into large florets
- -- Water
- 1 -- red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 -- yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 -- orange bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 -- red onion, cut into large dice
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon good-quality curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a pot of boiling water 2 minutes to just blanch. Drain and mix in a large bowl with remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Spread cauliflower mixture evenly in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.