Chicken and Garbanzo Curry
- Yield: servings
- 5pounds chicken thighs/ (cut, cleaned with vinegar, salt and lemon)
- 2cans Chickpeas
- 1-- bag carrots
- 2pounds potatoes
- 1whole green pepper
- 3stalks celery
- 1large onions
- 2sprigs fresh thyme
- 6cloves fresh garlic
- 3stalks scallion
- -- pimento to taste
- 4ounces indian curry
- -- black pepper to taste
- -- salt to taste
- -- sazon to taste
- -- onion powder to taste
- -- garlic powder to taste
- -- poultry seasoning to taste
- -- hot pepper to taste (optional)
- 1-- Scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
1. Clean chicken with salt, vinegar and lemon.
2. Prepare cut up carrots and add chickpeas, potatoes and put aside
3. Cut up green pepper, celery, onions, thyme, fresh garlic, scallions and pimento and set aside.
4. Season chicken with curry, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and sazon, let sit while the next step.
5. Heat oil in cooking pot until hot, when ready add seasoned chicken and simmer for a half an hour
6. Add step 3 to already cooking chicken (green pepper, celery, onion, thyme, fresh garlic, scallions and pimento)
7. Add step 2 to mixture (chickpeas, carrots, and potatoes) and let simmer for half an hour
8. When potatoes and carrots are cooked (when they are easily pierced with a knife) chicken is now done
9. Serve over bed of rice.