- Yield 6 servings
Chicken and broccoli topped with crunchy croutons and shredded Cheddar
"My mother-in-law gave me this recipe shortly after I became a new bride. Twenty-six years later, it is still one of my family's favorite dishes. Whenever I take it to social gatherings, friends and co-workers ask me to share the recipe. It can be prepared ahead and refrigerated before cooking."
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up in bite-size pieces
- 2 10 1/2-ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange broccoli in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- Place chicken on top. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder in a bowl. Pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with croutons.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Use garlic-flavored croutons for a tasty crunch in this dish. Substitute low-fat soup and use less mayonnaise to stay on the light side.
Fran Tucker, Canisteo, N.Y.