Curried Tomato Soup with Pasta
- Yield 8 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 40 mins
A delicious soup to warm you from the inside out on a cold day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 -- garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -- (28-ounce) cans Italian plum tomatoes
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- Place oil in Dutch oven. Add onion. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Chop tomatoes, and add to pot with their liquid. Add 2 cups chicken broth, cinnamon and salt. Simmer partially covered over medium-low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Puree soup in small batches, and return to pot. Add remaining 2 cups chicken broth. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary. Heat until very hot. Divide the cooked pasta among 8 bowls. Ladle hot soup over the pasta.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Springfield Missouri Inc.’s Women Who Can Dish It Out (Springfield, Missouri, 1997).