Curried Plank-Grilled Salmon
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
The curry-seasoned marinade and refreshing cucumber-mango relish give grilled fish a decidedly international flair.
Be sure to use a food-grade cedar or alder plank suitable for cooking. You can find them at some gourmet stores or online.
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 to 6 oz.)
- 1 cedar or alder grilling plank, soaked for 1 hour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat one side of the grill.
- Place salmon skin side down on plank. Sprinkle salmon with kosher salt. Place plank on unlit side of grill. Cook, covered, until salmon flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with Cucumber Mango Relish.
Recipe by Judith Dern