Curried Chicken with Raisins and Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
This easy-to-make curried chicken dish is full of delicious flavors.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 -- (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut to 3/4-inch squares
- 2 cups chicken broth, lower sodium
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups instant whole-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan. With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid. Cook about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth. Gently mix in raisins, rice and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.