Curried Chicken Rice Bowl
- Yield: 4 servings
Look for curry paste (try Thai curry pastes) in the Asian section of your supermarket.
- 1can (131/2-ounce) light coconut milk
- 1/2cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2teaspoons green curry paste
- 1teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4cup chopped basil leaves
- 1pound frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1package (10-ounce) frozen stir-fry vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, red bell peppers, water chestnuts and green beans
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1package boil-in-a-bag rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Combine coconut milk, broth, curry paste, sugar and basil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add chicken, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add frozen vegetables and salt; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Divide rice among four 4 shallow bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 405
- Fat 22g
- Sodium 650mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 28g