Curried Chicken Rice Bowl
- Yield 4 servings
A Thai-style curry bowl makes a healthy lunch or light dinner.
Look for curry paste (try Thai curry pastes) in the Asian section of your supermarket.
- 1 can (131/2-ounce) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 pound frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen stir-fry vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, red bell peppers, water chestnuts and green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package boil-in-a-bag rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Combine coconut milk, broth, curry paste, sugar and basil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add chicken, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add frozen vegetables and salt; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Divide rice among four 4 shallow bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes