Curried Chicken Drumsticks
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Chicken is baked on top of a bed of gingered vegetables.
- 8 -- chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 -- onion, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 -- potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Preheat oven to 350F
In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, stir together butternut squash, onion, potatoes, crystallized ginger and apple cider. Sprinkle salt and pepper into mixture, stirring to coat
In small bowl, stir together curry powder, ground ginger and cumin
Place drumsticks in baking dish on top of vegetable mixture. Sprinkle spice mixture over drumsticks.
Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until vegetables are very tender and chicken is brown and cooked through.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here