Curried Chicken and Potato Stew
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Hearty and healthy, this chicken and potato stew comes together in a snap.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces (about 2 thighs) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated pre-cubed potatoes
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and chicken; cook until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the potatoes and milk. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover the stew and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook 3 minutes longer. Just before serving, season the stew with salt and stir in the cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board