Curly Mac Salad
- Yield 15-25 servings
- 1 pound Rotini, cooked as directed & drained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded & chopped finely
- 12 ounces can evaporated milk, chilled overnight.
- 2 cups real mayonnaise (not light or fat free)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
In a very large bowl, place the rotini, carrots, onion & green pepper; set aside.
In another large bowl, beat the chilled evaporated milk with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks.
Gradually beat in the sugar, then the vinegars, and lastly the mayonnaise, beating until smooth.
Pour mixture over the ingredients in the other bowl, but do not stir. Cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours.
The next day, mix well (it will look very strange when you first open it, which is normal) and serve. This salad keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge.