Curly Pasta with Black Olives, Asparagus, Tomatoes and Shrimp
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 15 -30 minutes depending type of shrimp purchased
- Cook 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked curly pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 3/4 pound raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined,tail off
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (6-ounces) California black olives, pitte
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper tp taste
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir about 6 minutes, or until the onion is softened but not brown. Add dry pasta, stir to coat pasta with the oil. Increase the heat to high and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high. Cook pasta stirring occasionally, 12 to 14 minutes, or until pasta is tender but still firm.
- Add asparagus,cook stirring often about 3 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender. Add shrimp, tomatoes, olives, oregano and basil. Cook, stirring often about 3 minutes or until the liquid is almost absorbed and shrimp are opaque. Do no overcook shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tip: To save time buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined. Remove tails ahead of time, place in a zippered bag and refrigerate until ready to use.