Cucumbers with Oregano, Feta and Pine Nuts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Crisp, crunchy and light, this cool cucumber salad recipe is a welcome side at meals following warm spring days spent in the backyard.
With pale yellow skins, lemon cucumbers are less sharp than most other varieties. If you can't find them, English cucumbers will work fine.
- 1 -- shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 -- small lemon cucumbers or 3 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 3 -- sprigs fresh oregano, stems removed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl. Let stand about 10 minutes. Add olive oil and salt, whisking well.
- Pour vinaigrette over cucumbers and toss well. Sprinkle with oregano, cheese and pine nuts. Season with black pepper.
Recipe adapted from Outstanding in the Field: A Farm to Table Cookbook by Jim Denevan with Marah Stets.