Cucumber and Bell Pepper Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
'To make this salad more colorful, use 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 red bell pepper.'
- 3large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1cup thinly sliced onions
- 1tablespoon celery seeds
- 1tablespoon salt
- 1/2cup cider vinegar
- 3/4cup sugar
- Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, onions, celery seeds and salt in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Drain cucumber mixture in a colander, shaking off the excess liquid. Return mixture to bowl.
- Add vinegar and sugar; toss gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours to overnight. The salad may be stored in the refrigerator up to three weeks. Serves 12.
— Barb Jones, Panama, Ill.