- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This mildly spicy condiment is the perfect complement to Indian and Middle Eastern grilled lamb or couscous.
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1/4-inch
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Set a strainer lined with a paper coffee filter over a bowl. Place the yogurt in the filter and let it drain for 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn the thickened yogurt into a mixing bowl. Fold in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
By Chef Roy Harland, courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board