Cucumber, Pineapple and Papaya Salsa
- Yield 10 servings
A cooling fruit salsa is the perfect accompaniment to fiery grilled dishes.
- 1 cup seeded, peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1 cup ripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced ripe papaya
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1/4 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- Combine all ingredients well in a nonreactive container and chill. Will keep refrigerated 3 to 4 days. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.