Cuban Mango Melt
- Yield 4 servings
Try this Cuban Mango Melt with a side of black beans topped with diced mango for a delicious summer meal.
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 4 sweet French rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 6 ounces roast pork
- 16 dill pickle slices
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, cut into pieces to fit rolls
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Spread mustard on roll bottoms and top with cheese, ham, pork, pickles and mango. Close sandwiches and spread butter on the top roll.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, in a large skillet over medium heat and press down with a spatula to compress sandwiches. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Butter other side of sandwich and flip to cook 4 to 6 minutes and press down with spatula until rolls are golden brown and crisp and filling is hot and melted.
- Serve with a side of warmed black beans, drained and rinsed, with diced fresh mango on top.
Recipe by Ingrid Hoffmann, courtesy of the National Mango Board