- Yield: 6 servings
- 4medium yams, peeled and evenly chopped in chunks
- 1pound ground chicken
- 5large garlic cloves, minced
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1can pineapple chunks, divided
- 2cups chicken broth, divided
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup dried tropical fruit blend
- 1-- red bell pepper, cubed
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- In large sauce pan, place yams and cover with water. Boil until fork soft, drain, and coursely mash with potato masher or fork. While yams are boiling, in a large skillet, brown chicken, garlic and onion until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, combine 1 cup of pineapple juice from the can, 1 cup of chicken broth, tomato paste, raisins, cranberries, and tropical mix and bring to boil on high heat. Add red bell pepper and chicken mix and simmer on medium to medium-high heat.
- In an airtight container combine remaining cup of chicken broth with cornstarch and shake until smooth, then add to skillet and stir in completely. Simmer until thicken. After thickened, add 3/4 c. pineapple chunks, cumin, and crushed red pepper and cook until pineapple is heated. Spoon yams onto plate and spoon chicken mixture over yams.