Crusty Rhubarb Pie
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 60 mins
- No-Roll Pastry:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 6 cups diced, unpeeled rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare pastry, mix flour with salt and sugar. Pour in vegetable oil and milk. Mix well with a fork. Transfer to a deep-dish pie pan and press with fingers to spread over bottom and up sides of pan.
- To prepare filling, combine rhubarb with sugar and flour. Spoon into piecrust. Dot with butter.
- To prepare the topping, mix butter, sugar and flour with a pastry blender or your hands until crumbly. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until filling is bubbling and topping is browned.
Recipe by Barbara Maggs of Cle Elum, Wash.