Crustless Mini Quiches
- Yield 6 servings
On New Year's Eve, I was looking in my cookbooks for something different for brunch the next day. I combined a couple of quiche recipes and got out my blender for an easy way to use up dinner leftovers.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked ham, cooked bacon or shrimp
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 12 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine cheese, half-and-half, mayonnaise, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until well blended.
- Fill each cup with about 1 1/2 tablespoons ham and 1 teaspoon each mushrooms and onion. Pour equal amounts of egg mixture over each. Cups will be about half full. Bake 22 minutes, or until quiches are lightly golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
—Barb James, Iola, WI