Crunchy Wild Striped Bass
- Yield 4 servings
- Cook 15 minutes
This recipe from Prairie Grass Cafe in Northbrook, Chicago, is a perfect way to introduce kids to fish.
- 4 (3- to 4-ounce) portions trimmed, deboned and skinned wild striped bass or other firm white fish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole-grain breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, dust with flour, dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add fish and cook over medium-low heat until golden brown on both sides and thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Prairie Grass Cafe, Chicago, Ill.