Crunchy Salad with Oranges and Black Olives
- Yield 8 servings
California black olives dress up a bright salad of fresh greens and juicy oranges
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -- heads baby romaine lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 2 -- (4-ounce) packages bean sprouts
- 2 -- navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/3 cup chopped jicama
- 1/3 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Chill.
- To prepare the salad, place lettuce in a large salad bowl and mix in bean sprouts. Cut each orange segment in half and add to lettuce. Add jicama and olives. When ready to serve, pour half the chilled dressing over salad and toss. Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator.