Crunchy Salad with Oranges and Black Olives
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2 heads baby romaine lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 2 (4-ounce) packages bean sprouts
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/3cup chopped jicama
- 1/3cup sliced California Ripe Olives
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Chill.
- To prepare the salad, place lettuce in a large salad bowl and mix in bean sprouts. Cut each orange segment in half and add to lettuce. Add jicama and olives. When ready to serve, pour half the chilled dressing over salad and toss. Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of California Olive Committee