Crunchy Microwave Chocolate Fudge
- Yield 30 pieces
This easy-to-make chocolate fudge is full of candy coated chocolate pieces, giving it extra crunch.
- 1 pound confections' sugar (2 2/3 cups
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate candies with colorful sugar shells
- Line 8×8-inch pan with waxed paper, extending the paper 1-inch above rim.
- In a 1 1/2-quart casserole or large bowl, stir sugar, cocoa, salt, milk, and vanilla together until partially blended (mixture is too stiff to thoroughly blend in all dry ingredients).
- Cut butter in 4 pieces and place in center or mixture.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the milk feels warm on the bottom of the dish.
- Remove from the microwave and stir vigorously until smooth. If all butter has not melted in cooking, it will as mixture is stirred.
- Blend candies into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Chill 1 hour in the refrigerator or 20 to 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Lift out of pan and cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League’s West of the Rockies (Grand Junction, Colorado, 1994).