Crunchy Lemon Herbed Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 6 2- ounces chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (half-chilled)
- 1/2 cup Japanese bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, plus zest of one lemon
- 1 -- egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons water (1 tablespoon for the egg wash, 2 tablespoons for the finishing of the sauce)
- -- Diced red bell peppers
- -- Lemon slices
- -- Bunches of parsley
- -- Finely diced shallots
- -- Finely sliced scallions
- Pre-heat 2 tablespoons of butter on medium low heat.
- Add zest of one lemon and half the herbs to bread crumbs, save the rest for lemon sauce.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water.
- Place chicken tenders between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with small groove side of mallet until thin, but not ripped.
- Dip chicken in egg wash mixture then in herbed breadcrumb mixture until coated.
- Place breaded chicken in sauté pan with melted butter only after increasing heat to medium.
- Cook chicken, approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and place on sheet tray to rest.
- In same pan add remaining herbs and lemon juice, then heat until simmering.
- Turn off heat; cube remaining 2 tablespoons of chilled butter and add to sauce (stir vigorously).
- Slice the chicken on the bias.
- Placed sliced chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over the top, and add garnishes.
For an additional tasty option use the George Foreman® grill. Remember to use non-stick release spray on the grill for a sure way to not burn chicken.
1 serving = 3 oz. portion