Crunchy Fish with Lemon Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
Panko breadcrumbs, a coarser crumb, gives this fish a wonderful crunchy crust -- great new choice of coating. Serve with or without Lemon Sauce.
- 2 pounds trout or catfish (mild fish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place fish in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and 2 tbs of lemon juice. Place breadcrumbs and cornstarch in a plastic bag, then add fish and shake thoroughly to coat.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet then add fish. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side and fish appears flaky in texture.
- Remove fish. Melt butter in pan then add chicken broth and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, scraping pan of any bits to add flavor. Add parsley to mixture and heat for 2 minutes before drizzling over prepared fish and serving.