Crunchy Curried Chickpeas
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 1/4cups cooked chickpeas (about two 15-ounce cans)
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Sea salt or garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse the chickpeas and drain completely. Lay them on a dishtowel and gently rub them to remove any remaining skins, making sure that they are totally dry. In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, curry powder, thyme, and ginger. Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat. Spread the chickpeas on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the chickpeas, tossing them occasionally, until they are light brown and crisp, 40 o 45 minutes. As soon as you remove them from the oven, sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt. Taste and add more salt if you like. Let them cool completely (this will make them crunchier), then serve. These are best eaten the day they are made.
Reprinted with permission from Sara Forte’s The Sprouted Kitchen: A Tastier Take on Whole Foods (Ten Speed Press, 2012).