Crunchy Chicken Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2-- (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavor ramen noodles
- 3/4cup vegetable oil
- 1/3cup white vinegar
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1-- (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1-- Red Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1cup sunflower kernels
- 1cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup slivered almonds
- 1-- rotisserie chicken, boned and chopped
- Combine the contents of the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles, oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Combine the broccoli slaw, apple, sunflower kernels, dried cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, almonds and chicken in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Crumble the ramen noodles and add just before serving. Toss to mix.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Par 3: Tea Time at the Masters (the Junior League of Augusta, Ga., 2005).