Crunchy Chicken Salad
- Yield 8 servings
An unexpected combination of flavors and textures can be found in this crunchy chicken salad.
- 2 -- (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavor ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 -- (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1 -- Red Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 -- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 -- rotisserie chicken, boned and chopped
- Combine the contents of the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles, oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Combine the broccoli slaw, apple, sunflower kernels, dried cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, almonds and chicken in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Crumble the ramen noodles and add just before serving. Toss to mix.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Par 3: Tea Time at the Masters (the Junior League of Augusta, Ga., 2005).