Parmesan Chicken Sandwich with Asian Slaw
- Yield: servings
- 2-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 5 ounce each
- 1 1/3cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup all purpose flour
- 2tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3large eggs, beaten
- 4-- corn dusted soft Kaiser roll buns, halved & toasted
- 3cups vegetable oil
- 3-- green onions, sliced in half and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 2cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 1/2cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 4tablespoons chili paste
- -- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4cup minced mint
- 1/4cup minced basil
- 1/4cup minced cilantro
- 1teaspoon minced ginger
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- 1tablespoon honey
- 3-- tablesppoons sesame oil
- 3tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4tablespoons mayonaise
Lay chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap; place chicken over wrap, cover with plastic wrap. Pound with rolling pin, until 3/4" thick.
Rub all chicken breast with dijon mustard.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place beaten eggs in a separate shallow dish. Place panko crumbs & parmesan cheese mixed well into a third shallow dish.
Preheat oven to 350'F.
Dip two chicken breast at a time; first in flour, then in egg, then in panko mixture. Place into oven. Cook for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
In a mixing bowl whisk; chili paste, lime, mint, basil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sesame seeds. Add bell peppers, napa cabbage, purple cabbage,green onions. Place bun, mayo,chicken,cabbage mixture & bun.