Parmesan Chicken Sandwich with Asian Slaw
- Yield servings
- 2 -- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 5 ounce each
- 1 1/3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 -- corn dusted soft Kaiser roll buns, halved & toasted
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 -- green onions, sliced in half and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 2 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced into 2" pieces
- 4 tablespoons chili paste
- -- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 -- tablesppoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons mayonaise
Lay chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap; place chicken over wrap, cover with plastic wrap. Pound with rolling pin, until 3/4" thick.
Rub all chicken breast with dijon mustard.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place beaten eggs in a separate shallow dish. Place panko crumbs & parmesan cheese mixed well into a third shallow dish.
Preheat oven to 350'F.
Dip two chicken breast at a time; first in flour, then in egg, then in panko mixture. Place into oven. Cook for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
In a mixing bowl whisk; chili paste, lime, mint, basil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sesame seeds. Add bell peppers, napa cabbage, purple cabbage,green onions. Place bun, mayo,chicken,cabbage mixture & bun.