Crumb Topped Haddock
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup Panko (Japanese style) breadcrumbs
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 2pounds haddock fillets, cut into 6 pieces
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 2-- (9-ounce) bag prewashed baby spinach (about 6 packed cups)
- 1-- lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flaxseed, Old Bay seasoning and salt in a shallow bowl and set aside. Place the oil in a shallow bowl or plate. Lightly coat each piece of fish in the oil, then coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the crumbs turn golden brown and the fish flakes with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the spinach, raise the heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach wilts and is cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with kosher salt to taste. To serve, divide the spinach evenly between 6 plates and top with a piece of the haddock. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, Cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 11g
- Sodium 380mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 32g