- Yield 1 servings
A crumb top for pies you'll go crazy over.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture, and mix thoroughly with a pastry blender, a fork, or your fingers until the texture is like small peas.
- Add the rolled oats, and mix to create a crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over a pie before baking.
Reprinted with permission from Dani Cone’s Cutie Pies (Andrew McMeel Publishing, LLC, 2011).