Crostini with Blue Cheese, Honey and Walnuts
- Yield 24 pieces
This quick-and-easy appetizer is sure to impress at your next gathering.
- 24 -- baguette, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces creamy blue cheese or Cambazola
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup ripe figs, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the overn to 375F. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Toast until golden brown.
- Combine the blue cheese and walnuts in a bowl and mix well. Spread evenly to the edges of the baguette slices. Bake just until the cheese melts. Arrange on a serving platter and top each with a slice of fig. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.
- You can substitute dried figs for the fresh figs, adding them to the crostini before baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes Press’ More Recipes Worth Sharing (Favorite Recipes Press, Inc., 2010).