Crostini with Blue Cheese, Honey and Walnuts
- Yield: 24 pieces
- 24-- baguette, diagonally sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6ounces creamy blue cheese or Cambazola
- 2/3cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2/3cup ripe figs, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons honey
- Preheat the overn to 375F. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Toast until golden brown.
- Combine the blue cheese and walnuts in a bowl and mix well. Spread evenly to the edges of the baguette slices. Bake just until the cheese melts. Arrange on a serving platter and top each with a slice of fig. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.
- You can substitute dried figs for the fresh figs, adding them to the crostini before baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes Press’ More Recipes Worth Sharing (Favorite Recipes Press, Inc., 2010).