Crock Pot French Dip Beef
- Yield servings
I love the French dip sandwiches you can buy in restaurants and have developed my own version for the busy cook. Put the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning and when you get home from work you will have a delicious meal for your family.
- 3 1/2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Remove roast, reserving broth.
- You may shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.
—Teresa Pullium, Murphy, N.C.