Crock-Pot Baked Beans
- Yield: 10 servings
I adapted this bean recipe from the oven to the Crock-Pot. I hope you enjoy these beans as much as my family, extended family, and friends do.
- 10 bacon
- 2tablespoons bacon grease
- 4medium onions, chopped
- 1 (30-ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannelloni beans, drained
- 1/2cup ketchup
- 1/2cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Fry the bacon until crisp; reserve 2 tablespoons of grease. Crumble the bacon, and set aside. Heat the grease, and saute the onions until clear. Drain the excess fat. Stir the onions together with the pork and beans, kidney beans, lima beans, cannelloni beans, ketchup, crumbled bacon, and brown sugar in a large Crock-Pot. Cook on the low setting for 2 hours.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
Adjust the amounts of the sugar, ketchup, and onions to suit your taste, and experiment with Great Northern, butter beans, and fava beans. This recipe is even better the second day.
—Joan Barton, Batavia, NY