Crispy Herbed Chicken with Prosciutto
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Chicken, Italian dry-cured ham and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese form a delicious trinity of flavor.
Pounding chicken breasts helps them cook evenly. A quick sauté keeps them moist. Due to the size of the pounded chicken, you'll need to use an extra-large skillet or to cook the chicken in two batches.
- 4 -- (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- -- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- -- Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 -- slices prosciutto ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- -- Lemon wedges
- Sprinkle one side of each breast with salt, pepper, lemon rind, thyme and cheese. Top with prosciutto slices. Cover with plastic wrap and, with a meat mallet, pound each to ¼-inch thickness.
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick skillet. Add chicken, prosciutto side down; cook 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy. Flip chicken; cook 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and Fresh Tomato Salad.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.