Crispy Green Cabbage Slaw with Herb Dressing
- Yield 12 servings
From the heart of the Caribbean comes a versatile and crunchy slaw that pairs well with pork and other meat dishes.
Vibrant and refreshing, this slaw is the perfect veggie foil for the meltingly soft pork in banana leaf.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, core and outer leaves removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped flat-leaf parley
- 1/8 cup yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup canola oil
- Combine cabbage, red onion and scallions in a large mixing bowl and toss gently. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Toss dressing with veggies to coat and season to taste with corse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.