Crispy Green Cabbage Slaw with Herb Dressing
- Yield: 12 servings
Vibrant and refreshing, this slaw is the perfect veggie foil for the meltingly soft pork in banana leaf.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, core and outer leaves removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/8cup chopped flat-leaf parley
- 1/8cup yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1/8cup sour cream
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2 + 1/8cup canola oil
- Combine cabbage, red onion and scallions in a large mixing bowl and toss gently. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Toss dressing with veggies to coat and season to taste with corse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.