Crispy Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1cup unseasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1-- large egg, lightly beaten
- 1tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1-- green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- -- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for frying
- Mango Salsa:
- 2cups chopped pitted peeled mango
- 2-- jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3cup chopped green onions
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning. Gently mix in the crabmeat; form into 24 cakes.
Refrigerate 30 minutes to several hours before proceeding. Place the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; coat the crab cakes in the crumbs.
Pour oil into large deep skillet to depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium-high heat to 365F. Carefully add crab cakes in batches; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain. Serve hot with Mango Salsa on the side.
Combine salsa ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Salsa can be made ahead. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 2 3/4 cups.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.