Crispy Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa
- Yield 24 pieces
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 10 minutes
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -- large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 -- green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- -- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for frying
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 cups chopped pitted peeled mango
- 2 -- jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning. Gently mix in the crabmeat; form into 24 cakes.
Refrigerate 30 minutes to several hours before proceeding. Place the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; coat the crab cakes in the crumbs.
Pour oil into large deep skillet to depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium-high heat to 365F. Carefully add crab cakes in batches; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain. Serve hot with Mango Salsa on the side.
Combine salsa ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Salsa can be made ahead. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 2 3/4 cups.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.