Crispy Chicken Po Boys With Cajun Remoulade
- Yield servings
- Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ancho chili pepper
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- canola oil for deep fat frying
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cajun Remoulade
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large soft french style sausage rolls
- butter lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced red onion
Heat 4 inches of oil to 365 degrees in a large heavy pot.
Combine salt, white pepper, ground chili, panko, and flour in a 10 inch pie plate. Rinse chicken tenders, drain and pat dry. Dredge each chicken tender in panko spice mixture and reserve on a plate.
Mix cajun remoulade by combining red onion, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cajun seasonings with mayonnaise. Cover and reserve.
Slice french rolls in half lengthwise and toast lightly under broiler.
In large heavy pot fry chicken tenders until golden brown about 4-6 min. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle lightly with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Next spread toasted rolls with cajun remoulade. Place lettuce leaf on each half followed by sliced tomatoes, and sliced red onion. Top with hot chicken tenders. Enjoy