Crispy Chicken and Bean Burritos
- Yield 12 servings
A deluxe burrito that taste like it's an absolute no-no.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed, mashed
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and garlic and saute until chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add green chiles and pinto beans, stirring until thoroughly heated.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Soften tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken-bean mixture down one side of each tortilla. Top each tortilla evenly with cream cheese mixture, green onions and salsa. Roll up tortillas and arrange seam side down in a baking dish. Cover with enchilada sauce and bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with Monterey Jack and continue baking 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.