Crispy Baked Veggie Dippers
- Yield: servings
- 1cup corn flakes cereal, crushed to 1/4 cup
- 3/4cup cheese-flavored snack crackers, crushed to 1/2 cup
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-- egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2tablespoons water
- 1-- zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1cup cauliflower florets
- 1cup broccoli florets
- 1cup pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
1. In a shallow dish, stir together corn flakes, cheese-flavored snack crackers, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if desired). In another small bowl .stir together egg whites and water. Dip zucchini, cauliflower and broccoli into egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture, gently pressing crumbs onto vegetables. Place on baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
2. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, heat pizza sauce on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through. Serve as dipping sauce with warm vegetables.
Reprinted with permission from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.