Crispy Baked French Toast from Kikkoman
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3large eggs
- 1 1/4cups milk
- 3/4teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 8slices dry white bread
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- Butter and maple syrup
- Beat eggs together with milk, sugar and vanilla extract in shallow bowl until well blended. Place panko in pie pan or shallow dish. Dip each bread slice into egg mixture, thoroughly coating both sides; then coat both sides of bread slices with panko. Place on large wire rack.
- Add butter and oil into 17-1/4 x 11-1/2-inch jellyroll pan. Place pan in 400F oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter melts. Remove pan from oven.
- Place bread slices into pan, in single layer, turning over once to coat both sides of bread slices with butter mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Turn bread slices over and bake 10 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Kikkoman.