Creole Pork Chops with Tomatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup flour
- -- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 6-- (4-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-- (16-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1-- (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1-- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4cup water
- Mix the flour and seasonings. Coat the pork chops with the seasoned flour. Brown the pork chops in oil in a skillet; drain. Place in a 2-quart baking dish. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and water. Bake, covered, at 325F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until cooked through. Serve with rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Louisiana Farm Bureau Women’s Louisiana Temptations (The Louisiana Farm Bureau Federations, Inc., Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996).