- Yield: 1 servings
- 2pieces bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 8pieces chicken thighs
- 1piece white onion, chopped
- 1piece green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup butter
- 1pound Creole smoked sausage
- 2 1/2cups water
- 1pound shrimp
- 2tablespoons Cajun-style seasoning
- Boil chicken breasts and thighs with onion and bell pepper in a large pot of salted water, for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Drain, debone chicken and set aside.
- In a large saucepan stir together flour and butter over low heat to make a roux; add boiled chicken, sausage and water and bring all to a boil. Cover saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add shrimp and simmer for about 1 more hour, then add seasoning to taste and serve.