Creme Caramel Pudding Squares
- Yield 20 servings
Looking for an easy, impressive dessert that's low-fat to boot? Look no further.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated no-calorie sweetener, divided
- 4 ounces light tub-style cream cheese
- 4 ounces nonfat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon (8-ounces) light whipped topping, divided
- 1 package (4-serving size) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) package sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar-free caramel ice cream topping (like Smuckers)
- Place the melted margarine in a 9 x 13-inch dish. Add the graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the sweetener. Mix well and pat crumbs onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing fillings.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheeses, 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of sweetener with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and spread evenly over the crust.
- Whisk vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups of milk for 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon dollops of vanilla pudding on top of cream cheese layer and smooth the entire layer. Place in refrigerator while you whisk the butterscotch pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Carefully spoon the butterscotch pudding on top of vanilla pudding and smooth.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, drizzle on the caramel topping. Cut into 20 squares.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Eat More of What You Love © 2012 by Marlene Koch, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Book Group.