Creme Brulee French Toast
- Yield 4 - 8 servings
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup (more if desired) chopped pecans
- 1 loaf French Baguette Bread cut into 1 slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups half & half cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring until smooth and melted completely together. Pour mixture into a greased (spray with cooking spray) 9” x 13” by 2” baking dish. Sprinkle pecans over melted mixture. Place cut slices of French baguette bread on top of melted mixture—press down lightly with hands to insure bread soaks up melted mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half cream, vanilla, Grand Marnier (or orange juice) and salt until well combined. Pour mixture evenly over top of bread and melted mixture. Chill bread mixture, covered, over-night (at least 8 hours and up to 1 day) IMPORTANT!
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and bring bread mixture to room temperature.Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden—40 to 45 minutes. Keep an eye in it so you don’t burn it. Serve immediately. Can put a sprinkling of powder sugar on top but this is optional. Serves 4 to 8—depending on size of serving.