Creamy White Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
Rice pudding was a favorite of mine as a child, and I continued to make it for my children. I remember the pudding as child being a lot stiffer, but I have incorporated some ingredients like the heavy cream and the white chocolate to give it a unique taste, almost like ice cream. I also sometimes add 1/4 cup of mascarpone cheese (which I usually have in my fridge) to give some more richness, but that is not something that most people have in their pantry.
- 1cup rice
- 2cups water
- 1/2cup white chocolate morsels
- 3/4cup California raisins
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 2large egg yolks
- 1tablespoon butter (room temp)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1pinch ground nutmeg
- Additional chopped white chocolate morsels and cinnamon for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook rice in water according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Place rice in a 1-quart baking dish. Add white chocolate morsels and toss to melt. Add raisins.
- Combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over rice mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top each serving with additional chopped white chocolate morsels and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if using.