Creamy White Chili
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
"This is a wonderful recipe for a cold winter night."
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans
- 1pound grilled chicken, cubed
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce can) corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1cup sour cream
- 1/2cup whipping cream
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic. Add beans, chicken, broth, corn, chiles, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
—Marva Brubaker, New Carlisle, Ohio