Creamy White Chili
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Sour cream and whipped cream are mixed with grilled chicken, chicken broth, and beans for a hearty soup on a cold night
"This is a wonderful recipe for a cold winter night."
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans
- 1 pound grilled chicken, cubed
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce can) corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic. Add beans, chicken, broth, corn, chiles, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
—Marva Brubaker, New Carlisle, Ohio