National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 5cups watermelon puree (about 1 large watermelon)
- 1 1/2tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Soften gelatin in ½ cup of the watermelon puree. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature and then heat gently to dissolve gelatin. Cool slightly. Add remaining watermelon puree, sugar, nutmeg, lemon juice and milk to gelatin mixture. Freeze in ice cream freezer according to appliance directions.