Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
This pasta dish has a light tomato sauce with a hint of cheese.
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 (26-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces proscuitto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- In a large pot, combine stewed tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 10 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and wine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Stir in sour cream, Parmesan, prosciutto and basil; simmer 5 minutes more. Do not boil.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain well. Pour tomato mixture over hot pasta, tossing until coated.