Creamy Shrimp with Vermicelli
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
The subtle flavor of dill in this pasta dish is very welcoming.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (12-ounce) package vermicelli pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, melt margarine over low heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, dillweed and shrimp, stirring. Cook over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Serve shrimp and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.