Creamy Shrimp Dip
- Yield 12 servings
Silken tofu is pureed with shrimp, and spices for an interesting flavorful dip that’s great with pita chips.
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup (2-ounces) light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 -- (12.3-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor, and process until minced. Add lime juice, fish sauce and tofu; pulse until blended. Add ginger and garlic to shrimp mixture, and pulse until combined. Add onions and chopped cilantro, and pulse 3 to 4 times. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with won ton chips. Makes 3 cups.