Creamy Seafood Newburg
- Yield 12 servings
This creamy rich, decadent first course from The Brandywine Inn in Monroe, Ohio, is best in small amounts for special occasions.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onion
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 4 1/2 cups mixed seafood (shrimp and scallops, cut into small chunks, and shredded crabmeat)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- -- Coarse bread crumbs or panko
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, mustard, chopped parsley and lemon juice and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Place seafood in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Scrape cream cheese mixture into seafood and mix well. Add cream and divide evenly among 12 (1-cup) ramekins. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes, until bubbly.
Note: Cut each shrimp into 3 or 4 pieces; cut scallops into halves or thirds. Makes about 8 cups of seafood mixture.
Recipe courtesy of The Brandywine Inn, Monroe, Ohio.