Creamy Seafood Newburg
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2cups finely chopped green onion
- 12ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon sherry
- 4 1/2cups mixed seafood (shrimp and scallops, cut into small chunks, and shredded crabmeat)
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon white pepper
- 1cup heavy cream
- -- Coarse bread crumbs or panko
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, mustard, chopped parsley and lemon juice and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Place seafood in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Scrape cream cheese mixture into seafood and mix well. Add cream and divide evenly among 12 (1-cup) ramekins. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes, until bubbly.
Note: Cut each shrimp into 3 or 4 pieces; cut scallops into halves or thirds. Makes about 8 cups of seafood mixture.
Recipe courtesy of The Brandywine Inn, Monroe, Ohio.